Brush Brush Brush!
This may seem like “old news” to you, but skin brushing is not only all the rage these days, but it’s awesome for maintaining heathy skin AND a healthy bod! The skin is the largest organ in the body, we need to take care of it. I started dry brushing (I use to just use my loofah in the shower) and since I’ve been doing it I feel great!!! Brushing helps to stimulate healing processes through the body…and here’s why!
Why Should I Brush?
- Brushing helps to shed dead skin cells, which improves the skin’s texture and cell renewal. (My skin is So much softer!)
- It increases circulation to skin, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, which aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body.
- Helps to tighten the skin because it increases the flow of blood (YES!). Increasing the circulation to the skin can also help lessen the appearance of cellulite (WHOO HOO!).
- It stimulates the lymph canals to drain toxic mucoid matter (Nasty, but so good for you!) into the colon, thereby purifying the entire system.
- Helps with muscle tone and more even distribution of fat deposits.
- Rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.
- Aids in allowing your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health.
- Increases blood flow begins entering the areas brushed and you will experience an increase in electromagnetic energy that permits you to feel energized and invigorated.
- My FAVORITE REASON! Cellulite is toxic materials that are accumulated in your body’s fat cells as they are unable to be eliminated. So, rather than a little lipo, how about some dry skin brushing and an alkaline diet program and a great exercising routine to decrease or even eliminate the appearance of cellulite!
How Do I Start?
- Purchase a natural, NOT a synthetic, bristle brush. (vegetable bristle)
- Get a brush with a long handle, so that you are able to reach all areas of your body. The best is the kind that has a removable head with a strap for your hand
- Do it once a day, preferably first thing in the morning. Think when I brush my teeth I brush my skin
- Brush before to your bath or shower and your body’s dry.
- Begin brushing your skin in long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction. Always brush towards the heart. Try and brush several times in each area, over-lapping as you go.
- Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken.
- After brushing your skin, rinse off in the shower.
- After getting out of the shower, dry off vigorously and massage your skin with pure plant oil, such as almond, jojoba, sesame or coconut. We like to use a small amount of Euro Organic Oil which is a blend of sunflower, almond, apricot, avocado, and jojoba oils.
- Don’t forget to clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week. After rinsing, dry your skin brush, we don’t want mildew.
- For a thorough lymphatic cleansing, perform skin brushing daily for a minimum of three months.
I can see you GETTING FIERCE!