So FIERCE FRIDAYS are for YOUR questions. Today’s question I get quite frequently, but this time it happened to be posed by Sally S.: If you could only do ONE exercise move what would it be?
The burpie is one of the greatest moves there is. It builds strength, has a plyometric or explosive aspect, it raises your heart rate from ‘GO’ and doesn’t take long to kick your butt! The verdict…love ’em.
How to Burpee?
- Begin in a squat position with hands should width apart on the floor in front of you
- Jump your feet back to a push-up (or plank) position.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with hands reaching towards the ceiling (think like a pencil jump) trying to get your feet high off the floor.
- Back to starting position and repeat quickly for 30 seconds
- Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you
- Kick your feet back, while simultaneously lowering yourself into the bottom portion of a pushup. (Your arms will not be extended as in a typical push-up).
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position, while simultaneously pushing “up” with your arms. You will perform a pushup as you return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position. Repeat, moving as fast as possible for 30 seconds
Try it, even if you can only do 3 burpees or for 10 seconds at a time keep trying, that’s the name of the game. Make sure that your form is on point. If possible do them in front a mirror so you can check your positioning. Seeing what you look like while feeling it in your body will help you recognize how your body’s working. Give it a shot, you’re worth it!
Enjoy your weekend, My FIERCE Friends!
I can see you GETTIN’ FIERCE!