“What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger!”
Thursdays on the GETFIERCE page are all about challenging ourselves. These challenges are meant to build ourselves up, to feel good, to be strong and to grow! This week’s challenge is all about pushing our limits and then adding more and MORE.
Two weeks ago our challenge was to do 50 push ups per day. Last week I wanted you to keep that challenge going AND add in 100 crunches! If you’ve been doing this you know that it doesn’t take very long, about 5 – 7 minutes. Now I have one more…burpees. I want you to keep the situps and the push ups AND add in 50 burpees. GAME ON!
The burpie is one of the greatest moves there is. It builds strength, has a plyometric or explosive aspect, it raises your heart rate from ‘GO’ and doesn’t take long to kick your butt! The verdict…love ‘em.
How to Burpee?
- Begin in a squat position with hands should width apart on the floor in front of you
- Jump your feet back to a push-up (or plank) position.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with hands reaching towards the ceiling (think like a pencil jump) trying to get your feet high off the floor.
- Back to starting position and repeat quickly for 30 seconds
Pick your time of day to do your push ups, sit ups and burpees; in the morning before you shower, before bed, adding them to your workout at the gym. Set a time that works best for you. COMMIT to your time, to YOUR work. I say YOUR because you can do them however you wish, alternating one push up and one sit up, one burpee (this will take more time), all 50 sit ups, all 50 push ups and then your 100 sit ups, 10 push ups and 20 sit ups and repeat 5x…your options are limitless, just like your potential. The one thing that is essential is make it happen every day for the next seven days. You can do this, it’s bigger, but you are GETTING BETTER and even FIERCER, My Friend!
It’s a Challenge Thursday: Past Challenges
- WEEK 1: GET Un-Thirsty
- WEEK 2: GET Nice (to you!)
- WEEK 3: GET Grateful
- WEEK 4: GET Committed
- Week 5: GET ta Giving
- Week 6: GET Recommitted
- Week 7: GET Easy
- Week 8: GET Sour (well not really!)
- Week 9: GET Balsy
- Week 10: AS IF…
- Week 11: GET Un-Thirsty…Again
- Week 12: GET Green
- Week 13: GET Some Rest
- Week 14: GET More
- Week 15: GET Calm
- Week 16: GET Strong
- Week 17: GET On With It
I can see you GETTIN’ FIERCE!