I posted yesterday for you a vacation workout where all you need is you. Well…here are some more options for you. I’m repostin’ my blog Take it Outside! For a SUPER quick 8 minute workout you can check out Like Kelly Clarkson Says. Both will provide you with functional exercises that you can do with no equipment. Stay strong this vacation season. No excuses, remember all you need is YOU!
1. Side Leap
Fierce Focus: Inner Thighs, Quads, Calves, Glutes
• Stand on a ﬂat surface with your feet together.
• Bend your knees and hop as far as you can to your right, landing on the ball of your right foot.
• Without returning left foot to the ground, bend your right knee and hop as far as
you can to the left.
• Work up to 20 hops on each side.
2. Park-Bench Dip
Fierce Focus: Triceps, Shoulders, Core
• Sit on a bench and place your hands on either side of your hips.
• Slide your butt forward, supporting yourself with your hands.
• Bend elbows, bringing upper arms almost parallel to ground, then return to starting position.
• Keep lower back close to the bench throughout the exercise.
• Complete 12 to 15 reps.
3. Park-Bench Push-Up
Fierce Focus: Chest, Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Core
• Stand facing a park bench and place your hands on the seat; walk your feet out behind you until your legs are fully extended.
• Bend your arms and lower chest toward bench, then push up.
• Complete 12 reps.
• Turn around and place your hands on the ground and your feet on the bench (not shown); walk your hands forward until they’re aligned under shoulders, legs extended.
• Lower chest toward ground, then push up. Complete 8 reps.
• Work up to 20 reps of each.
4. Tightrope Walk
Fierce Focus: Calves, Quads, Core
• Find a curb or fallen tree with a smooth surface that is at least 6 feet long.
• Raise arms out to sides and walk across the “tightrope” until you reach the end (or go at least 6 feet).
• Turn on the balls of your feet; walk in the opposite direction.
• Continue for 3 minutes.
5. Side Shufﬂe
Fierce Focus: Glutes, Inner and Outer Thighs, Quads
• Stand with feet hip-distance apart, elbows bent, with ﬁsts near ribs.
• Take three giant steps to your right, sliding your left foot to meet the right.
• Bend your knees and jump up, turning to face the opposite direction.
• Repeat, shufﬂing to your left.
• Continue alternating sides for 1 minute.
6. Side Step
Fierce Focus: Core, Obliques, Glutes, Upper Back, Shoulders
• Stand with right side facing a step, log or ﬂat rock.
• Hold your arms out to your sides at shoulder height and bend elbows 90 degrees, palms facing forward.
• Step up with your right foot, contracting abs while bringing left knee and right elbow together in front of you. (Emphasize bringing your knee up rather than your elbow down.)
• Return to starting position; do 12 reps.
• Switch sides and repeat.
Fierce Focus: Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes
• Using a step, fallen log or ﬂat rock, step up with your left foot and lift your right leg directly
• Step down and repeat on opposite side.
• Next, step up on left foot, raising right leg diagonally behind you; switch sides and repeat.
• Step up on left foot, kicking right foot out to side; switch legs and repeat.
• Continue until you’ve completed the kick cycle (back, diagonal, side) 26 times.
8. Hanging Crunch
Fierce Focus: Abs
• Take hold of a sturdy, low tree branch, monkey bars, or other elevated hand hold, palms facing forward.
• Keeping arms fully extended, exhale as you bend your knees and bring them slowly toward your abs.
• Inhale as you slowly release.
• Do as many reps as you can, working up to 12.
9. Slalom Jump
Fierce Focus: Glutes, Hamstrings, Quads
• Place four to six small rocks in a zigzag pattern, about 1 1⁄2 feet between each rock.
• Keeping your feet together, hop to the outside of each rock.
• Turn around when you reach the end.
• Repeat for 1 minute.
Enjoy this beautiful weather and workout outside!!!
I can see you GETTIN’ FIERCE!!!