Yesterday I shared that for the next 14 days I’m giving up caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy and gluten. I’m doing Dr. Frank Lipman’s Eleven Eleven Wellness cleanse. This entire week I’m going to be filling you in on the WHY’s to which I’m giving up each item. Tuesday I filled you in on why I gave up caffeine, yesterday I told you about alcohol and today I’m sharing about why I’m givin’ up all the sugar, Sugar.
Back It Up
I’ve been in this body for 34 years. For those of you who “knew me when” I wasn’t always this health conscious. I was 70 lbs heavier and completely sedentary. I’ve always had the “sweet tooth” thing going on. I LOVE me some dessert and sweet treats, BUT and it’s a BIG BUTT, eating sweets makes ME feel like complete crap. Even when I was a kid I would eat candy, go bananas and then crash. These days not much has changed. If I have a bite of something it’s not a big deal, but if I have an aggressive amount of any sugary treat I’m done for; lethargic, thirsty, cranky…it’s terrible. These next two weeks are challenging (as I still like to have my “bite”), but I’m excited to cleanse my bod of this demon.
I’ve written on Sugar and it’s detrimental effects many times before, but most recently HERE. Below are some additional reasons why YOU may want to steer clear of the “white devil”.
Some of the Effects on the Bod. Sugar…
*is a main cause of obesitiy in the U. S.
*can decrease growth hormone (how we stay youthful and lean)
* increases cholesterol
* can weaken eyesight
* can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children
* can interfere with the absorption of protein
* causes food allergies
* contributes to diabetes
* can contribute to eczema in children
* can cause cardiovascular disease
* can impair the structure of DNA
* can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children
* contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases)
* assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections)
* contributes to osteoporosis
Are you convinced yet? If you want to join me in my sugar-free days shoot me a line in the comment section and let me know how you’re doin’!
I can see you GETTIN’ FIERCE!