Whud Up, Fierce Ones?
I’ve been a bit lax with my writing the past few days. I apologize, but know that I’ve been workin’ my butt off literally. I know that if you don’t move it you lose it, but in my line of work it also means mo’ money, more awareness, more skillz…this all, in the end, benefits YOU! I learn what works best, in terms of what keeps me going (NUTRITION), what keeps me inspired (YOU and TUNES) and what brings me “down” (MEDITATION).
I’ve added 6 cycling classes a week to my teaching schedule taking my tally up to 20/week. I LOVE my job, but I know that I have to take care of myself even more diligently now. Nutrition is a HUGE part of this equation. In the past month I’ve dropped almost 8 lbs, whoot whoot! I haven’t been focused on “weight-loss”, but I HAVE been very clean with my eating and listening to what my body wants. Here are some of my favorite things that have been keepin’ me going (and the why) for the past few weeks!
- EBOOST – This powdery goodness can be added to your water (I put a 1/2 pack of the orange kind in 16 oz of purified water). EBOOST’s ingredients are REAL stuff you’ve heard of; Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Green Tea, Vitamin B-12 and Folic Acid. And some stuff you may not have heard of; Quercetin, 5-HTP, Resveratrol, Huperzine-A, but no worries it’s all good, FIERCE! EBOOST is sweet (which is why I put 1/2 in double the amount of water), but it’s done with Stevia, a plant, not a chemical. WHY I use it? Cuz it keeps me goin’! I get a little “crazy” with green tea. I get shaky, feel “out of it”, but EBOOST has Green Tea so I get the benefits of the natural caffeine, but without the jittery feeling! On top of that it has a healthy set of vitamins that are critical for all of the added physical output.
- GREEN JUICE – I love me some green drink! I like to start my day with one post class that is (I still coffee up pre-class!). In my juice I get spinach, kale, cucumber, apple, parsley and lemon. Fresh pressed is the way to go for me. I totally love me some BluePrintCleanse Juice, but if it’s available I go JUST pressed juice. 2 things…you get to CHOOSE YOUR ingredients (which really is key for me cuz I don’t enjoy ginger and it’s in A LOT of green drinks) and it’s EXTRA fresh! Elixir and Jus’ Juice (outside of Coffee Shop, Union Sq, NYC) are two spots I frequent. WHY I crave it? My body knows, I think, how good this is. it’s REAL, it’s FRESH, it has cleansing properties for my bod and LASTLY it makes me FEEL good, strong & ready to GET FIERCE!
- BREAKFAST – You ain’t no dummy! You KNOW this is the most important meal of the day. Yes, I start with a coffee, yes I have a green juice on my way home from class…it all seems so “on the go”, but I DO take time to MAKE my own breakfast. I know how important it is to actually know what goes into my food (including LOVE). Now, I’m totally a creature of habit. I literally eat the SAME thing each morning. 1/2 cup quinoa salad made in advance (quinoa, garlic, parsley, onion, crasins), 1/2 cup low fat organic cottage cheese and 3 scrambled egg whites with sauteed onions (in one tsp olive oil), fresh spinach and yellow peppers. LOVE IT! AND it keeps me going until late afternoon.
- LISTEN UP – This isn’t a specific thing, but it is THE most important thing that I’ve begun doing this past month. I’m listening to my body, when it’s hungry I eat, when it’s tired I sleep…these two things, I believe have lead to the drop in weight.
TUNE IN TUESDAY
You know it…this is what I’m listenin’ to, playing, sweatin’ it up to this week. ENJOY!
- Rosa Parks Remix – Outcast
- Countdown – Beyonce
- Canned Heat (Calvin Harris Remix) – Jamiroquai
- New In Town – Little Boots (I LOVE ME SOME LITTLE BOOTS, FIERCE!)
- Buy My Love (Fareoh Remix) – Wynter Gordon
- Clique (Fresh Direct OG Edit) – Kayne (do I need to put West?), Jay-Z and Big Sean
- Drop It Low –
- Rude Boy (Wideboys Remix) – Rihanna
- Anything Could Happen (Blood Diamond Remix) – Ellie Goulding
- We Found Whitney (Isaac Jordan Remix) – EZ Money, Whitney Houston & Calvin Harris
TAKIN’ IT DOWN A NOTCH!
AHHHHH, after all the cycling, running, teaching, training, talking, traveling, lugging I’M READY for a break! At the end of the day (and sometimes on the subway) I sit and listen. I focus on what I want, need, am grateful for. I’m so appreciative to be in this space. Surrounded by people I love, family, friends, roommates, co-workers, it’s pretty awesome and I truly believe that I’ve created it all.
At night I take a moment to appreciate it where I am and everything I have! I then focus on what I want to create in the future. I put on my “greatest hit” The Hicks. If you don’t know who they are, Abraham is a spirit voice, Jerry and Ester are the physical ‘Hicks” here on earth. Ester is the channel for Abraham’s voice and Jerry is her husband and “business partner” if you will. I know it sounds totally CRA CRA’Y, but TRUST a sister, it’s an awesome meditation and FIERCE way to end your day. THE VORTEX is the name of the meditation and was introduced to me by my friend and mentor Patricia Moreno.
Let’s get down to business, THE VORTEX is a guided meditation that comes in four parts, General Wellbeing, Physical Wellbeing, Financial Wellbeing and Relationship Wellbeing. You pick which of the 15 minute sections you want to focus on and all you have to do is sit, breathe and listen. It gets me in a space, before I sleep, of peace, joy and excitement for what’s coming. Download it and lemme know what you think!
I LOVE YOU, ALL! Take care of YOU and listen to what your body needs!
I can see you ARE FIERCE!