Abs or abdominal muscles are a vital area of concern for most fitness conscious people. Working out these muscles with the help of specialized ab toning equipment is essential for proper required outcomes of different abdominal exercises. However, selection of the best ab machines is not that easy. Let’s look at some of the ab machine reviews for more information.
Reviews of the 5 Best Ab Machines
1. Valeo ab wheel with easy grip handles and non-skid wheels
The valeo ab wheel is one of the best market options for an ab workout at home or at a professional gym. It is durable, high quality and has a number features to support the ab work outs. It can be used by getting on your four limbs and moving to and fro with the wheel. It helps workout all body muscles. Some of its key features are described below.
- It has two wheels joined in the middle
- It comes with a non-skidding and slipping wheel that provides the extra stability needed for different workout and exercises
- It has easier but firm gripping handles that avoids slipping during workouts
- It is a compact and lightweight
- Two wheels offer greater stability
- Rolling out function of the machine is smooth and non-slipping
- Suitable for advanced workouts as well
- It is low cost and can prove to be very effective for budget focused clients
- Plastic of the handle is low quality and thin having the chances of breaking down easily with larger weights
- Wobbly if used on different surfaces
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://www.amazon.com/Valeo-Exercise-Fitness-Training-Abdominal/dp/B0007IS74G/?tag=getfierce-20″ icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow sponsored”]Check price on Amazon[/wpsm_button]
2. Elite ab wheel roller – dual wheels
One of the best options for ab wheels on the market; it is brought to you by Elite sports a well-known manufacturer of the industry. It is a dual wheel ab exercise machine it allows body workouts for those looking for convenience, fast results and good price bargain.
- It comes with two wheels for better support of weight
- The handles of the ab wheel are non-slipping for firm grip and comfort
- Ergonomically designed handles
- No need to assemble as it is already ready to use
- Lifetime warranty that allows replacing the parts if damaged
- It allows total workout options especially strengthening your midsection, and abdominal muscles
- It is easy to use and can be worked with anyplace and anytime
- With two wheels it has better stability and strong support of weight
- Ergonomic handles are firm at gripping and do not strain your hand while holding for longer periods
- Compact and small size makes it easy to move and store
- Long time warranty
- Less costly and can be affordable for a large segment of budget conscious people.
- Some customers who have used the equipment complain about low quality of the structural material of the ab wheel
- It is prone to easy breakage
- Might be difficult to handle by new comers or novice trainers.
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Sportz-Roller-Wheel-Comfortable/dp/B00JZKH7K2/?tag=getfierce-20″ icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow sponsored”]Check price on Amazon[/wpsm_button]
3. Perfect fitness ab carver pro
If you want a machine for carving your core and abdominal muscles then the perfect fitness ab carver pro is what you need. It helps in toning those arms and ripping those abs into the perfect shape through its kinetically powered engine. Some of its key features and pros and cons are describe below for interested potential customers.
- It has a large and widely designed rolling wheel
- The handles are designed for firm grip and ergonomic comfort of the user
- The rollers provide resistance for more challenging workouts. This resistance is provided through built in kinetically empowered engine that comes with carbon steel springs. This helps in amplification of the exercises
- Handles of the ab carver pro can be removed when you need to store it or move it from one place to another
- The product comes with additional knee pads that have foamy cushion support for enhanced comfort of the user
- You are guarded by a one year warranty on manufacturing
- Users can download the 21 day workout from their online portal and make effective use
- Designed in the best shape for turbocharged body workouts and requires only a few minutes exercise daily to see some positive changes
- It is best suited to be used on different surfaces whether carpeted or non-carpeted
- It is lightweight and small; it can be easily stored or moved around according to convenience
- Although it comes with knee pads, the resistive rollers might add more strain on your knees
- It is little heavier than other similar machines on the market.
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Fitness-Carver-Roller-Workouts/dp/B00B1N0R6C/?tag=getfierce-20″ icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow sponsored”]Check price on Amazon[/wpsm_button]
4. Stamina pro ab/hyper bench
The second most powerful and useful machine for working out your abs and upper body muscles is the sit up bench. Available in various models, the stamina pro ab/hyper bench is a good option for various types of trainers. Some of its key features are provided below for a further analysis of choices:
- The bed of the bench is cushioned with a thick padding for comfort and support
- Supporting space is provided for the thighs which can be adjusted according to various user needs
- The frame of structure of the bench is made from high quality and heavy duty steel that is 2 inches in thickness making it quite strong
- The handles have necessary extension to provide firm hand grip
- For more challenging exercises, the legs can be held using the rollers lined with foamed material. It also allows holding the feet comfortably while users reach out for crunches
- The foot rest is ergonomic and does not allows slipping
- The frame is held in place with rubber foots or caps that not only provide firm position support to the machine but also helps in protecting the floors against scratches
- The various parts of the machine can be adjusted according to needs and various heights of the users
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs
- Affordable bench available in low cost
- It can be used for various types of workouts and exercises
- Very comfortable to use
- The stamina pro bench has a lesser weight capacity of only 250 lbs
- Many taller users find it to be a little uncomfortable for various exercises
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Pro-Ab-Hyper-Bench/dp/B005IQS5WG/?tag=getfierce-20″ icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow sponsored”]Check price on Amazon[/wpsm_button]
5. Xmark 12 position ergonomic adjustable decline ab bench xm-441
One of the best products in the sit up bench category, the Xmark is ideal because of its adjustable characteristics and ergonomic design. It can be used for a variety of exercises by both beginners and professionals. Below are some of its key features and their pros and cons.
- It is an adjustable sit up bench that can be adjusted into 12 different positions for a variety of workout needs and requirements
- The product comes with effective leg rollers to add comfort and be less strenuous on the back
- The bench has supporting handles on either side for helping in mounting and dismounting
- The frame or structure of the machine has been built with high quality 14 gauge steel
- The frame has a protective coat for smooth look
- The bed of the bench is padded with 2 and half inch cushion for comfortable support
- Has a weight capacity of 350 lbs
- The machine is long and large sized ideal for extra stability and strength
- It is a heavy duty machine that is suitable to carry large weights of up to 350 lbs
- Suitable for tall people as well
- The bench is much wider than other similar products on the market
- 12 different positions allows user to perform a large variety of workouts and exercises. The changing resistance also makes it suitable for all types of users starting from beginner and ending in pro trainers.
- It is quite large in size and heavy to move around
- Storage of the machine can be a big problem for people with smaller spaces
- Beginners might find the product too complicated or too advanced for their initial needs.
[wpsm_button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://www.amazon.com/XMark-Position-Ergonomic-Adjustable-XM-4416-1/dp/B004OVJMDC?tag=getfierce-20″ icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow sponsored”]Check price on Amazon[/wpsm_button]
Why do you need an ab machine?
Many people think that in order to tone your abs and give your abdominal area a good work out you do not need any piece of fitness equipment. However, according to experts in the fitness field, this concept is wrong. Working out your abdominal muscles without any machine or supporting equipment can be harmful in the long run. As a new performer of this exercise category, you might strain your neck muscles or hurt your back if the exercises are performed in the wrong manner.
Doing ab exercises in this way also lacks the ability to increase the workout pressure as your muscles become stronger over time. It starts to become less challenging for the performer. Hence the need for a good ab machine cannot be ruled out of your workout regime.
Which is the best ab machine?
If you are looking to perform some exercises for making your stomach flatter or toning down those hard abdominal muscles, then an ab machine is a must. But which machine is best among all the different equipment present in the gym is a tricky question. The various machines used in working out the abs are:
These are only some of the ways that you can work out your ab muscles. But now the question is which equipment or ab machine is best suited for home use?
According to experts the best options for toning your abs at home is with the help of ab wheels and sit up benches. Both are good for a number of ab exercises and suitable for beginners as well as advanced trainers. Let us now look at the basics of these two ab machines.
These days ab wheels are considered to be one most important and essential gym equipment in your fitness training. If you want to add some basic equipment in your home gym, then this is a must have. Utilization of this small machine will ensure your abs are flat and in their best shape in a fast and effective manner. It helps in maintaining your shape and toning the extra bulges around the waist.
What muscles are ab wheels best for?
Having been around for decades, ab wheels come in different sizes and brands, but the basic structure remains the same. If utilized in the appropriate way, ab wheels not only help workout core abdominal muscles but also the following muscles are affected by it:
- Upper and Lower back
- Hip region
- Arms and Shoulders
- Biceps and Triceps
What Exercises Can Be Performed By an Ab Wheel?
There a number of exercises that can be performed by using a good ab wheel. Some of them include the following:
- Roll outs
- Push ups
- Leg curls
- Inch worms
- Crab Walks
- Resisting Diagonal Roll Outs with resistance bands
- Single leg squats roll outs
- Plank Knee Ins
- Simple Knee Ins
These are some exercises that you can perform using the ab wheels. With various combinations and variations you can enhance these numbers as well.
Sit Up Bench
Sit up benches are one of the most popular and commonly used exercise equipment for working out the abdominal muscles. It is a simple yet very effective way of toning the core ab region. You can perform several different exercises on this equipment and get very effective results in a lesser time period.
The modern sit up benches offer adjustable boards that can be inclined and declined to various positions and exercising angles. This also enables bringing variations in the resistance levels to make workouts more challenging as time proceeds.
What should a buyer consider when opting for a sit up bench or ab wheel for his or her gym?
There are several factors that you must consider while buying the best ab machine for your home or professional gym. Some of them are:
- Comfort of the usage like cushioning, back support, hand grip
- Storage options of the equipment like size, foldability, assembly, weight
- Adjustability of the position and use of the equipment like angles and ability to use in various exercises
- Frame and structure of the machine. This may include the strength, weight and durability of parts
- Handles and leg holders should be comfortable as well as non-slipping for a strong and firm grip
- Price and budget of the buyer as well as value provided by the machine.
These were important factors that you must consider while you are out shopping for your best ab machine. Some good options for your needs and requirements are provided in these ab machine reviews.
1. Valeo Ab Roller Wheel
2. Elite Sportz Ab Roller Wheel
3. Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro Roller
4. Stamina Pro Ab/Hyper Bench
5. XMark 12 Position Ergonomic Adjustable Decline Ab Bench
Related Buyer’s Guide:
– 5 Best Power Towers
– 5 Best Skywalker Trampolines
– 10 Best Sports Bras
– 10 Best Water Bottles
So, this was a lineup of the best ab machines for your work out needs. Depending on your needs and requirements, you can choose the best ab machines suitable for yourself. You can find some good options from these ab machine reviews.
For the people who do not intend to be a professional athlete and want something less space consuming and easy to manage around, the AB wheel is a better option. However, for the real fitness conscious users who are looking for a professional composite form of machine to fulfill a number of exercise needs, the sit up bench is much more suitable.
Source: Wiry Body