9 Best Books On Keto Diet: Is Ketogenic Diet For Short-term Weight Loss?
For a smooth journey through keto diet, you need to learn more about ketosis and its effects from ketogenic books that are authored by experts in the keto diet arena. There are several popular keto books that can be consulted as a reference or to get the answer to questions in keto that are bulging you.
[powerkit_collapsibles] [powerkit_collapsible title=”Table of Contents”] [powerkit_toc title=”Table of Contents” depth=”2″ min_count=”4″ min_characters=”1000″] [/powerkit_collapsible] [/powerkit_collapsibles]
- Best Ketogenic Diet Books To Consider
- East Coast Keto 2 More Tips and Lessons to Help Simplify Your Ketogenic Lifestyle, by Bobbi Pike and Geoff Pike.
- Healthy Keto Air Fryer Cookbook: 100 Delicious Low-Carb and Fat-Burning Recipes, by Aaron Day.
- Keto Diet Hacks: 200 Shortcuts to Make the Keto Diet Fit Your Lifestyle, by Lindsay Boyers.
- The Dirty, Lazy, Keto No Time to Cook Cookbook, by Stephanie Laska and William Laska.
- Beyond Simply Keto: Shifting Your Mindset and Realizing Your Worth, With a Step-by-Step Guide to Keto and 100+ Easy Recipes, by Suzanne Ryan.
- Keto Cookbook: 100 Recipes and a Two-Week Plan to Jump-Start Your Healing, by Molly Devine, RD.
- Keto Diet: Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, Boost Brain Health, and Reverse Disease, by Josh Axe.
- Squeaky Clean Keto, by Mellissa Sevigny.
- Southern Keto: Beyond the Basics — More of The Easy Comfort Food You Love, by Natasha Newton.
- Basic Facts About Ketogenic Diet
- Health Risk Associated with Keto Diet
- Is Ketogenic Diet For Short-term Weight Loss?
Best Ketogenic Diet Books To Consider
Before you decide to try out a ketogenic diet, you need to research deeply to know what it is you are getting into exactly. There is no way you will research without reading up books. Below you would find the list of the best books on ketogenic diet and some top selling diet cookbooks.
East Coast Keto 2 More Tips and Lessons to Help Simplify Your Ketogenic Lifestyle, by Bobbi Pike and Geoff Pike.
This book is one of the best keto diet recipe books published by the Breakwater Books and released on 21/01/2021, authored by Bobbi Pike and Geoff Pike. This is a recipe book equipped with new recipes that are satisfactory to the palate for those trying out a ketogenic diet. Some of the recipes it boasts of are Pan-Seared Scallops with Celeriac, and Grilled Spatchcock Chicken. For the seemingly non ketogenic meals found there, it has its Keto-friendly swap ingredient therefore making the meals all keto friendly.
Healthy Keto Air Fryer Cookbook: 100 Delicious Low-Carb and Fat-Burning Recipes, by Aaron Day.
This is a book authored by one of the well-known weight loss bloggers Aaron Day. It was published by Alpha and released on the 5th of January, 2021. It gives recipes on healthy but sumptuous food that can be prepared with air fryers. It helps prepare meals with minimum oil usage. Basically, the book provides you with:
- 100 keto-friendly recipes, from stuffed mushrooms to any kind of fish to roasted vegetables. Don’t forget about dessert, snacks and yes, cake
- Expert advice on how to reach your weight loss goals and to help you stay on and sustain the keto diet
- Counted nutritional info that facilitates your daily routine
- How to get the most out of your air fryer and the keto diet
Keto Diet Hacks: 200 Shortcuts to Make the Keto Diet Fit Your Lifestyle, by Lindsay Boyers.
Lindsay Boyers is a holistic nutritionist that studied Food and Nutrition. This book makes keto diet easier than ever with around 200 hacks, tips, and tricks on how to adapt keto diet to your lifestyle. It is one of the best ketogenic books out there and published by Adams Media. Lindsay Boyers’ book offers solutions to making the diet simpler to control with tips to make life as stress-free as possible with amazing and tasty meals.
The Dirty, Lazy, Keto No Time to Cook Cookbook, by Stephanie Laska and William Laska.
This book is published by the Adams Media and is one of the best review/cookbooks there is on Keto. It states ways you can gain your desired goals on Keto with little efforts. The book is a testament of the author’s journey through keto and her successful shedding of 140 pounds. The book boasts of 100 new recipes you can make in 30 minutes or less, and all the recipes include easy-to-find ingredients, you do not have to scour the grocery store to get the seasonings needed.
Beyond Simply Keto: Shifting Your Mindset and Realizing Your Worth, With a Step-by-Step Guide to Keto and 100+ Easy Recipes, by Suzanne Ryan.
It is published by Victory Belt Publishing. This best selling ketogenic book by Suzanne Ryan deals with the unexpected twists and turns associated with a ketogenic diet. Beyond Simply Keto tells you how to go beyond food and dieting and empowers yourself to take a step further in healing and transforming your mind and body from the inside out. The author followed a ketogenic diet and lost 120 pounds thus the muse for her books on ketogenic lifestyle. The book provides you with:
- An easy beginner’s guide to the ketogenic diet
- Three important steps that can change your life
- Helpful tips and advice for living a ketogenic lifestyle
- Over 100 simple and delicious new recipes
- A 30-day meal plan with weekly shopping lists
- Printable worksheets for accountability, self-care, meal planning, and more.
Keto Cookbook: 100 Recipes and a Two-Week Plan to Jump-Start Your Healing, by Molly Devine, RD.
This is one of the best keto diet books published by Rockridge Press. The book provides you with:
- A crash course in keto: Discover exactly what the ketogenic diet is, and the science behind how it helps fight all kinds of inflammation.
- 2 weeks meal plan: The pre-organized meal plan, complete with weekly shopping lists, means you can start practicing a keto and anti-inflammatory diet without worrying about what’s for dinner.
- Good habits for life: This book equips you with the knowledge you need to maintain an anti-inflammatory diet and a healing approach to nutrition long after the first 2 weeks.
Keto Diet: Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, Boost Brain Health, and Reverse Disease, by Josh Axe.
The book is published by Little, Brown Spark. It makes it easier to understand the science behind keto diet and the reason it works. Josh Axe is a nutritionist and naturopath. The book also offers shopping lists, over 60 delicious recipes, exercise routines, easy to understand explanations of the science behind keto’s powerful effects and five different keto plans with a guide to help you choose the one that fits you best. It shows the way to to burn fat, fight inflammation, and reverse disease using the right type of ketogenic diet that suits your body system.
Squeaky Clean Keto, by Mellissa Sevigny.
This book is published by Victory Belt Publishing and illustrates the principles of clean and healthy eating on the ketogenic diet would result in reduced inflammation, faster weight loss, and better overall health for those practising it. It makes the weight loss process on keto diet effortless and provides over 100 sumptuous recipes, clean keto friendly items and 30-days meal plans that are easy to follow. The book also sheds more light on how slowly reintroducing unhealthy but keto friendly food items (like sweetener, alcohol, nuts) may be hindering you from achieving your weight loss goal.
Southern Keto: Beyond the Basics — More of The Easy Comfort Food You Love, by Natasha Newton.
The book is published by Victory Belt Publishing. This is a best seller on ketogenic diet that has more than 110 easy-to-follow recipes (with keto friendly grocery items as substitute where necessary), family-friendly cuisine that will satisfy everyone’s palate and also features meal plans, shopping lists, on-the-go lunchbox ideas, cooking tips, and lots more. Some of the recipes included are: Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread, No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie, Country Fried Steak and Gravy. Southern Keto: Beyond the Basics — More of The Easy Comfort Food You Love book will be released on the 9th of March and can be pre-ordered from the publishing house or on Amazon.
Basic Facts About Ketogenic Diet
Before embarking on a journey down keto lane, there are some basic facts that must be known about this diet plan. A Ketogenic diet is a diet plan that drastically reduces the intake of carbohydrates while replacing it with medium protein and maximum fat while you strictly monitor your general nutritional information. Keeping track of your nutritional information will help you with the required knowledge about your achievement in your keto diet plan.
Health Risk Associated with Keto Diet
There is no diet plan without its risks. Some of the health risk associated with ketogenic diet are:
- Keto is usually a diet plan prescribed medically for people or children with epilepsy. This set of people are monitored, tested and guided. They are under the supervision of their nutritionist. A beginner of keto plan will miss out on some nutritional element like calcium, magnesium, fiber and the likes if he starts the diet plan without adequate understanding about ketogenic diet.
- Another health risk is strain to a damaged organ. A person with a problematic kidney or heart is to stay away from a ketogenic diet. This is why it is advised to consult your doctor before trying out this diet plan. Other sets of people advised to not try this diet plan out without a go ahead from their doctors and nutritionists are pregnant women, type 1 diabetes patients, nursing mothers, people afflicted with eating disorders and removed gallbladder. The major reason for this being that ketogenic diet is based majorly on fats (saturated and unsaturated), barely moderate protein and minimum carbs.
- Ketogenic diet being a low carb diet will help out in lowering blood sugar level while it will raise the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol at the same time.
Is Ketogenic Diet For Short-term Weight Loss?
While there is a lot of advantage for patients suffering from epilepsy, there is little scientifically proven advantage for keto on healthy humans. Despite this, the weight loss goal of ketogenic diet is its major attraction. In the beginning of a ketogenic diet, you are sure to lose a lot of weight especially if you go cold turkey on carbs. Your body suddenly finds itself deprived of carbs and is forced to fall on your reserved fat for energy. Once you stop the ketogenic diet and start adding carbs to your meals, you get to gain all your lost weight back gradually. Ketogenic diet would only keep your lost weight away from you when you are still actively practising keto diet.
Unless ketogenic diet is a lifelong recommendation for you as an epileptic/type 2 diabetic patient, it won’t keep extra weight off you permanently.
Before embarking on the journey of a ketogenic diet, understand the effect and result it tends to have. Weigh your options and choose the keto type that would serve you best while minimizing its negative result on you. It is of utmost importance to research deeply (but consider the book as foundation) and consult your doctor and nutritionists for help and advice on what step to take next in building your ketogenic lifestyle.