Best recumbent bikes are an exercise and fitness equipment that has been around in the industry for a very long time. It is very popular among fitness experts and can be found in all types of gyms and health centers.
Before buying it for yourself you need to have a look at the recumbent bike reviews like this one for making a better choice.
Top Rated Recumbent Bikes
|Schwinn Fitness 270 Recumbent Bike||Check Price|
|Exerpeutic ExerWorK 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike with Pulse||Check Price|
|EXERPEUTIC THERAPEUTIC FITNESS 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike with Pulse 300 lbs. Weight Capacity||Check Price|
|Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike with Performance Monitor||Check Price|
|Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Recumbent Bikes | Top picks and reviews
1. SCHWINN 270 RECUMBENT BIKE
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools.
- Explore the world and discover 50plus global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens offers 29 workout programs and visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in use
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- Telemetry heart rate enabled and ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program
- Ventilated and contoured seat with padded seat bottom and aluminum slider seat rail system with quick and easy lever
- High speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flyhweel for a smooth and quiet workout
The Schwinn 270 is one of the top sellers of recumbent bikes on the market. It is adjustable for a variety of exercises and workouts and offers a range of different resistance variants.
- It is an exercise bike in a reclined arrangement
- The recumbent bike comes with 29 already programmed workouts which include 2 tests for fitness and different types of exercises
- The product comes in 4 different user setups or profiles that are suitable for usage in homes
- It has a flywheel weighing 17 lbs
- It priced at approximately 400 dollars
- The bike has 2 display screens that help monitoring accomplishment in goals
- It offers 25 different resistance levels
- It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs
- The design is easy to climb on without any barriers to entry
- The sitting arrangement of the bike is quite comfortable with soft cushion and back support
- Weighing 88 lbs, and the bike is light yet sturdy
- With 4 different profiles, different family members can use and save vital information
- USB data transfer and compatibility offers excellent advantages for the technology savvy users
- With so many features and options, it can get complicated for users
- The flywheel is suitable for lighter exercises only
- Not ideal for very tall people due to lesser space for stretching out the legs
2. EXERPEUTIC WORKFIT 1000 DESK STATION FOLDING SEMI-RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE
- Sliding Desktop: large fully adjustable desktop with tilt, forward, back, up and down adjustability for sitting or standing positions. 3 angle adjustments (0, 16 and 33 degrees), 5 height adjustments 41" up to 45". Storage Drawer. Arm rest. LCD Computer
- Patented XBike Desk and Exercise Semi-Recumbent Bicycle. 2.5" Thick large AirSoft seat with extra comfort. Adjustable to fit 5’1” to 6’3” user height
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs. Semi-recumbent design for comfortable, effective workouts
- Folds up for storage. The bike can still fold up when fully assembled, with a foot print of 21.3" L x 25.5" W
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. The actual work surface is 24 inches (W) x 16 inches (H) and it can hold objects up to 44 pounds
Manufactured by one of the best fitness equipment companies in the industry, this semi-recumbent exercise bike is dual purpose in nature.
- This bike offers its customers 8 different resistance levels that are magnetic in working
- The driving system comprises of the less noisy belt that is known for its smoothness
- The bike has a semi-recumbent designed structure
- The sitting place is well cushioned with back support and soft padding
- Foam is also added to the armrests and the working can be adjusted according to requirements
- Sensor-based pulse system is installed
- It has already established display screen that helps in tracking various measurem
ents like distance, time, calories burnt and pulse rate
- Convenience for the user is enhanced by the addition of drawers for storing necessities and cup holder for drinks
- The foldable structure is easy to store
- Has a large frame suitable for tall people with height up to 6 feet and 3 inches
- The weighing capacity of the bike is 300 lbs.
- Suitable for home users
- 8 resistance levels are great for the variety of exercises and different user requirements
- Comes with a precision balanced flywheel for better movement
- Added advantage of a large work area or work desk that is adjustable into various positions
- Padding and cushion covered place to rest your arms during workouts or working on your computer
- Height stabilizers that can be adjusted according to the user’s requirement
- Uncomfortable back rest that is not according to the ergonomic standards. it comes with a thinner lining as compared to the seat which may be painful for the back
- The small size of the LCD screen
- Suitable for people ranging in height from 5 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 3 inch. Taller or shorter people cannot workout comfortably on this bike
- Not ideal for professionals
3. EXERPEUTIC 900XL EXTENDED CAPACITY RECUMBENT BIKE
- Your purchase includes Exerpeutic 900 XL Recumbent Exercise Bike with Pulse; Adult Assembly required, tools provided
- Exercise Bike dimensions: 54” L x 22” W x 34” H; Product Weight: 63 pounds; Weight capacity: 300 pounds; User height – 5’3” – 6’ 6”; Seat adjustments – 5.3” - 6.6”; Magnetic Tension Levels – 8
- Large oversized seat cushion and back rest for users of any size
- Easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back
This stationary recumbent exercise bike that is ideal for use in different cardiovascular workouts and fitness sessions. With its unique design, it is known to reduce physical stress on your body while performing various types of exercises.
In the offered price range this bike is better than many other expensive models. However it can not get programmed for customized workouts. Some key features along with pros and cons are described below:
- It offers 8 different resistance levels through its advanced magnetic tension controlling systems.
- The LCD screen or display is large and helps in tracking various fitness statistics like time, speed, distance covered, pulse rate, heartbeat, and calories burnt
- The bike weighs around 63 pounds and has the weighing capacity to hold 300 lbs
- It is coupled with a 3 years warranty
- The bike can be purchased at approximately 160 dollars
- The frame of the bike is light weighted but strong and sturdy
- The seat is padded with a comfortable back support
- It has a handgrip heart rate sensor
- It is an entry level bike suitable for beginners
- It is cheaper and affordable for all budgets
- It can hold a large maximum weight compatible with any other premium brand
- The precision balanced flywheel and magnetic resistance system makes the bike less noisy and smooth
- It is not suitable for professionals
- Unlike other bikes in the market, it is less advanced in technological fitness gadgets and devices
- It is difficult to make adjustments in the seating pad
- Long workouts can be a bit uncomfortable and tire
- Difficult to store in small spaces.
4. EXERPEUTIC 400XL FOLDING RECUMBENT BIKE
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Can be used as desk bike with height adjustable desks. Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; Product setup dimensions: 33”L x 19”W x 46”H
One of the leading brands in the less expensive category of recumbent bikes, Exerpeutic is known for its convenient and light exercise machines. The 400XL foldable recumbent bike is a popular product of this manufacturer on the market. Let us look at some of the key features that make it stand out from the competition:
- Like other similar models of recumbent bikes on the market, it offers 8 resistance levels through a magnetic tension system
- It has a large display screen
- The hand pulse sensors are attached for gauging various statistics
- It has a double drive transmission system with a v belt
- The bike has a big cushioned seat that can be adjusted according to the height from the back support
- The bike is lightweight (39 lbs) and can be folded easily for storage
- It is suitable for users having height range between 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 2 inches
- Maximum weight capacity of the bike is 300 lbs
- It can be bought at a price of approximately 145 dollars
- It is very light weighted and can be moved around with ease
- It is foldable and can be easily stored in small spaces
- 8 Resistance levels offer various workout options for different users
- Large sized display for convenient reading
- Super smooth and quiet driving because of the precision balanced flywheel and v belt double transmission system
- Larger and more comfortable seat for long workouts
- Back rest that can be adjusted according to user preference
- Difficult to assemble in the first use
- Less durable frame with complaints of breakage and easy wear and tear
- Not suitable for long-lasting or heavy duty use
5. MARCY RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back. Please note: This item requires assembly
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
- Sport type: exercise_&_fitness
- Included components: Recumbent BIke
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
If you are searching for a good exercise bike to reduce your extra weight and have a tight budget, then this low-cost fitness equipment is the answer to your needs. It is smaller in size but offers all the same types of cardiovascular workouts conveniently and compactly. Some of the key features are given below.
- The bike offers 8 different resistance levels that can be used for various workout requirements
- The resistance levels can be easily adjusted by knobs that tighten
the creating tension system
- The bike has a built-in LCD that is large enough for visual clarity
- LCD allows tracking of various measurements like distance, speed, and calories burnt e.t.c.
- The bike comes with foot straps that can be adjusted according to user requirements
- Counter balanced pedals for better drive
- The product comes with a 2 years warranty
- The bike has transportation wheels useful in moving it around
- It is lightweight with a total weight of 66 lbs
- It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs
- It has a large seat with comfortable back support
- The assembling of the bike for the first use is easy and simple
- 8 resistance levels are easy to adjust
- Adjustments for various heights can be made easily
- It is affordable and low cost
- With two handle bars, the bike offers a large variety of workout options
- Portability is enhanced through the transport wheels
- The bike does not have any heart monitoring gadgets or devices
- You can get preprogramming options for workouts
- Adjusting the bike for various users can be difficult
- The transport wheels may cause imbalance of the bike when placed on different surfaces
- Seat does not have a headrest for enhanced comfort
- Higher resistance levels can be noisy
Related Buyer’s Guide:
– Top 5 Best AB Machines
– 5 Best Power Racks
– 10 Best Sports Bras
Types of Exercises Bikes On The Market
Exercise bikes are one of the most commonly used and favorite pieces of equipment in gyms and fitness centers all around the world. With some benefits these bikes can be found in three different types:
1. The Upright exercise bikes
2. Recumbent Exercise Bikes
3. Spin Exercise bikes
Selecting which type of bike to choose for your gym or workout routine can be a tough decision. Based on the advice of a large number of experts and trainers, the recumbent exercise bike is the best among the three.
Reasons For Selecting Recumbent Bikes
A few reasons why you should opt for this type of a bike are discussed below:
- Recumbent bikes allow you to carry on with your cycling activity even when you are inside a building or house. In a controlled and safe environment, you do not have to be worried about the surrounding distractions like traffic and hustle of the outdoors.
- You can exercise on the bike at any time of the day without caring what time it is
- Many advanced and technological superior recumbent bikes provide workout statistics and performance updates on their display panels. These allow the user to remain informed about his vital measurements and how he is performing during the workout. Things like distance covered, the rate per minute and heartbeat or pulse allows you to monitor yourself and ensure achievement of your fitness goals.
- Most of the latest products in this category are designed with ergonomic considerations in mind. It allows the user to get the best output from the equipment in an effective as well as efficient manner.
Find Out Your Requirements And Needs First
Things that should be considered before making the purchase decision of a recumbent bike for exercise include the following factors:
- The frequency with which the fitness equipment will be utilized for workouts
- Number of people who would be using this bike for their training
- The workout goals and objectives that you want to accomplish using this bike
- The place or space you have for handling and storing the bike in your house or gym
- The budget that you have to purchase the product
- The type of exercises you want to perform using this bike
- To find out how long it should take you to bike 10 miles <click here.
Things to look for in a product
Once you have gone through the considerations mentioned above, you should scan the market for the products that are available for your needs and requirements. With a large number of designs and brands, you can compare the products based on the following features and characteristics:
- The Design features offered by the product
- Level of Comfort that is provided by the product
- Weight capacity of the product
- Availability of Seat adjustment features
- Size of the product and its ability to fit in the given space
- Resistance offerings on the recumbent bike while cycling
- Assembly and Storage options of the recumbent bike
- Additional digital entertainment devices attached to the products
- Fitness and workout performance trackers
- Number of exercises that can be performed on the recumbent bike
Selection of the best recumbent bike can be a solution to many workout problems and requirements. You need to look for functionality as well as the flexibility of the equipment while making the purchase.
Warranties should not be ignored:
Warranties are important when buying costly fitness equipment. They are a means of safeguarding the interests of the consumer in case the product gets damaged or malfunctions. Warranties also save you from unnecessary losses which may be financial as well as non-financial. When buying a recumbent bike, the warranties that you should look for are:
- Frame or structure
- Electronic devices (if any)
Important Workout Features to look out for
A good and effective recumbent exercise bike will be able to provide many adjustable features. Some important points to look for while making a buying decision should include:
- Fat Burning capabilities of the product
- Check if the product can be used or adjusted for various hill climbing levels
- See if the bike allows you to maneuver between multiple levels of exertion within a single workout session
- Look out for ways the adjustments can be made in s
peeds, inclinations and distance settings of the bike
- Ensure the product is durable, sturdy and robust to withstand heavy duty workouts for long periods of time.
These were some valuable guidelines that one should keep in mind while selecting an recumbent exercise bike. For those who are planning to buy this equipment shortly, a list of some great products on the market along with their best features and pros, cons are provided in the next section.
These were some of the best available recumbent bikes for home users. The selection of the best option for your purchase will depend on various factors like workout needs, budget available, storage and workout space and technical preferences.
If you are looking for something in a low-cost range with effective results and higher comfort levels, then the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is the best option for you. It is suitable for newcomers and can be easy to store in smaller spaces.
But for those who are interested in the dual purpose recumbent bikes, the Esxerpeutic workfit 1000 desk station folding semi-recumbent exercise bike is a better option. Hope you liked all of the recumbent bike reviews.
Summary video for this article:
source: Wiry Body