When following any weight loss regimen, you also need to have a deep understanding of it. Can you drink alcohol on Medi weight loss? Let’s see!
Liquor and diet
One of the most popular weight loss regimes today is the Medi program. To some dieters, this diet may seem rather novel and uncommon.
Can you drink alcohol on Medi weight loss? The answer is you can, but you shouldn’t. Alcohol is high in calories, so it slows down your low-carb process.
Need a thorough explanation? This article will elucidate this concern in detail and provide useful information about this program.
Let’s click on it to get more knowledge!
- Can Weight Loss Change Your Voice? 4 Factors Affect Your Voice
- Can Weight Loss Change Your Face? Things to know
- Can You Buy Weight Loss Shakes With Food Stamps?
What Is A Medi Weight Loss Plan?
This program was established in 2005 by founder Edward Kaloust. This plan is a high-protein and low-calorie diet plan along with weekly check-ups, medication, and supplements that promote long-term body fat loss.
Since 2005, the company reported that this plan had helped 300,000 people with a total weight reduction of around 7.5 million pounds.
According to the company’s declaration, you may lose a maximum of 20 pounds in the first-month period by designing a personalized strategy adapted to your demands.
This process might also relate to using prescription medications, nutrient injections, or supplements under the direction of healthcare specialists.
How does it work?
Typically, a program consists of three phases. The length of each phase will fluctuate depending on the personal goals and the amount of weight you want to lose.
- It is the Acute phase. In this stage, nurse practitioners will perform a medical test to understand your medical history deeply.
- Next, you experience some examination like an electrocardiogram, carb percentage analysis, or blood panel to measure your body mass index (BMI).
If you want to learn more about how to calculate BMI, you can watch this video:
- It is the Short-Term Maintenance stage. At this time, you will nearly achieve your goals and may start increasing calories in your meals.
- It is the Wellness stage with monthly check-ins.
Pros and Cons
- Personalized to fit with everyone
- Clear course in stages
- Lack of physical activities
Can You Drink Alcohol On Medi Weight Loss?
The short answer is you can use alcohol when you are on your Medi program, but it’s not good for several reasons. All in all, alcohol and general weight reduction are not a great combination in all circumstances.
The reason is that alcohol contains much more calories compared to other drinks. The statistics reveal that only one glass of beer or wine can slow down your effort to lose weight.
Do you know that consuming liquor beverages might make you hungrier? Booze can interfere with your progress while also encouraging fat accumulation. It disrupts the fat-burning processes and reduces your interest in the workout in its simplest term.
Drinking causes your body to use up glucose stored in your liver, which raises your hunger. It might make you want to reach for a nearby snack.
If you follow your diet but can’t lose weight or even gain weight again, the cause may come from your drink. Be careful with the foods and beverages you eat and drink if you don’t want your efforts wasted.
What’s more, when you participate in a body fat loss program, you need to follow the guidance involved in its diet strictly. For the Medi program, here are food and drink recommendations that you can consume:
- Protein foods: Lean meats like beef, chicken, fish, turkey, cottage cheese, eggs, nuts
- Low-carb veggies and fruits: spinach, lettuce, swiss chard, raspberries, blueberries, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, radishes, cucumbers, avocado
- Healthy fat: avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil, nuts
- Low-sugary drinks: green tea, black coffee, black tea, vegetable juice, ginger tea
What Should You Do If You Have To Drink Booze Beverages On This Program?
There will be some moments when you must drink liquor beverages. What should you do not to take in too many calories in such situations? You may need the useful tips below:
- Choose non-caloric drinks
- Add muddled fruit into your booze beverages like blackberries or raspberries for extra fiber
- Use small cups instead of large bowls
- Add water to booze
What Should And Shouldn’t You Consume On Medi Diet?
If you’re watching your weight, keep an eye on what you eat and drink. Choosing the correct beverage and keeping track of the volume you pour can reduce calories and manage your appetite.
Here is what you should and shouldn’t drink if you want to succeed with your Medi plan.
It would be best to replace sweetened soft beverages with water to help you cut many calories on your daily diet.
You should drink one or two cups of water before a meal to make you feel full quicker, reducing the amount of food you consume. It may also assist in the acceleration of your metabolism.
- Green tea
If you are looking for something to boost, green tea will be a great choice. It doesn’t contain calories, while its extract helps lose weight.
- Vegetable juice
It is a nutritious and low-calorie drink perfect for all weight-loss diets. Some fruits with pulp can provide you with some fiber, which might help manage your appetite.
- Black coffee
Need something caffeinated? Look no further than black coffee. It contains no calories and is high in antioxidants. Black coffee in moderation might help you concentrate and boost your mood.
- Specialty Coffees
Specialty coffees aren’t as excellent as black coffee. For instance, a 12-ounce shot of mocha may have about 300 calories, while a vanilla latte can include around 200 calories.
A bottle of soda may contain thousands of empty calories.
Mocktails may be rich in calories and sugar, depending on the types of fruit juices you use to make them.
- Can You Drink Weight Loss Shakes While Pregnant?
- Can Wearing Braces Cause Weight Loss? All The Things You Should Know
- Can Weight Loss Take A While To Show On Scales?
In A Nutshell
This article has reached the bottom of the commonly asked question: can you drink alcohol on Medi weight loss? Overall, it would help if you completely gave up drinking booze beverages to achieve your goal quickly and effectively.
Hopefully, you find this answer useful for your low-carb diet. Thanks for reading, and see you in the next post!