Whether you’re a man or a woman, you probably pay attention to your thighs. When you’re in shorts or a miniskirt, you want to look your best. Perhaps you’ve been working out for many years, just getting back into the regular routine of exercise, or this is the first time you’re truly putting your heart and soul into this.
Whatever the case may be, you want to know how to get thicker thighs. You’re not looking for some simple method because, at this point in your life, you know it’s going to take some serious effort. That’s a good first step. Never discount the impact that a solid mental attitude can have. Most people who don’t really want to put in a solid effort to something won’t ever see the results of that effort.
It will take time. After all, what you’re aiming to achieve is adding more muscle mass to your thighs. You could certainly eat nothing but candy bars and cookies for a couple of months and you will have thicker thighs, but that’s not what you want. You want lean, strong, solid thighs.
You want lean, strong, solid thighs
- How To Fix Winged Scapula
- The Fat Burning Kitchen Review – Is This Book Backed By Proven Results?
- 13 Benefits of a Ketogenic Diet
- 5 Types of Ketogenic Diets – Are Ketogenic Diets for Everyone?
The First Step Toward Thicker Thighs
Before we get into the various steps and strategies that can get you on the road to thicker thighs, you need a few things.
- Raw determination.
- Free weights.
- Or a gym membership.
- A calendar.
- A good, healthy diet.
The first thing you need is the raw determination to accomplish your goals. What does this mean?
No matter which steps or strategies you decide to employ in your life toward getting thicker thighs, it’s going to be tough at times. You’ll feel burning in those thighs and there are going to be plenty of moments when you just want to give up.
If you enter into this goal of getting thicker thighs without the right mental attitude, you’re more likely to give up somewhere along the way.
If you have access to some basic free weights, that would be fine. Depending on what size thighs you want, you may need a good, healthy amount of free weights.
These could be in the form of dumbbells or a bar. It’s your choice, but both will pose certain challenges, especially if you’re limited on space in your apartment or home.
Or a gym membership.
If you have the financial resources, a gym membership could be something to consider. You’ll have access to any type of free weights and other machines you need to maximize your chances of getting nice, thick thighs.
Nothing beats being able to track your progress. On a calendar (make sure it’s a monthly calendar, preferably a wall calendar), keep track of the exercises you do daily. Track the amount of weight you work out with, and any other facts that will help you quickly and easily monitor your progress.
A good, healthy diet. Eat well.
Your goal is to build muscle and that means your body will need more nutrition. Make sure you stock up on proteins (fish, chicken, etc.) and carbohydrates (potatoes, brown rice, etc.).Keeping your body properly nourished increases the likelihood you’ll be on track for nice, strong, thick thighs.
- 5 Hot Fitness Regimens to Achieve Your Fitness Goals
- Cinderella Solution Review: Melted Away 22lbs in 13 Days?
Now, about how to get thicker thighs, let’s get into the details.
Step 1: Focus On Physiology
Your body is a machine. It needs proper nourishment and rest. You need to find the optimal balance. Depending on your age, your body may require a bit more sleep than someone else. Sleep is how your muscles rest and begin to grow and strengthen when you’re exercising and working out.
Food, your diet, is what it needs to operate at peak levels. If you think about your body as a car, if you put in the wrong fuel, it’s not going to run well, right? It’s the same idea with your body. Just because you may not consciously feel the negative effects of poor diet doesn’t mean your muscles aren’t. Get the right level of nutrients in your diet every day and make sure you sleep at least 7 to 9 hours every single day.
Step 2: Plan To Work Out With Intensity
Plan To Work Out With Intensity
How intense do you work out? If you have a habit of hitting the exercise cycle for ten or twenty minutes when you go to the gym, watch the TV screen, or text on your phone while you’re doing it, then let’s just be honest: you’re not intense.
True workout intensity is be singularly focused on the task at hand. If that doesn’t describe you to date, then figure out what it is that keeps you from reaching a peak level of intensity.
Are you bored with the routine? Do you simply not realize how important it is to be intense? Put aside all distractions. Focus on the workout at hand. This is great advice whether you’re simply trying to get in better shape or you’re trying to figure out how to get thicker thighs.
Intensity. Feel it. Live it. Breathe it.
Strategy 1: Work Out At The Same Time Each Day.
If your body is not ready for exercise, it’s probably going to take you longer than usual to get into your routine. You may have a constantly shifting schedule at work and that makes it extremely difficult to work out at the same time every day.
However, it’s important to build muscle.
It’s like when you wake up at the same time every day for weeks and months on end, then suddenly, mercifully you have a chance to sleep a bit longer, but you’re up at the same time, anyway. Frustrating, right?
can you get thick thighs in a week?
However, your body’s muscles have the same type of memory for these things; they are expecting to get exercise at the same time and are pumped up and ready to go at that moment. If you start altering the schedule, progress may be slower.
A great way to get in a good workout that isn’t cardio is to do some ab workouts. For tips on the best ab machines on the market.
Step 3: Pick Up The Pace
pick up the pace
Come on, move it! The next time you go to the gym (or if you don’t have a gym membership, visit one), pay attention to different people working out. What is their pace like?
What is your normal pace?
Perhaps you’ve been working out for months or even years and you’ve taken a rather casual pace to them. It might take you about an hour or so to get through your full workout, but are you doing slow repetitions? Are you taking a minute or two between different exercises?
Yes, you need a pause between reps, and going too fast is not always going to help, but you need to increase the pace of your reps to keep your thigh muscles constantly engaged during each rep.
If you give your muscles a chance to rest, guess what? You’re going to minimize the impact of your workout routine.
Step 4: Add Weight And Reps
thicker thighs workout
Over time, you’re going to notice things becoming a bit easier with the basic weight that you start with. That’s a great sign! That’s a sign that your muscles are growing. Yes, that’s right, growing. As they grow, you get stronger. As you get stronger, the same things you were doing a while ago suddenly become easier to tackle.
When you reach a point where you can do all three sets with the same number of repetitions in each set, it’s time to increase the weight. For example, if you do squats with 100 pounds ten times on the first set, nine on the second, and six on the third, and simply cannot push beyond that, that’s a good starting point. However, when you’re able to do three sets of ten, it’s time to increase the weight and reps.
Strategy 2: Check To Be Sure You’re Using The Right Form.
If you use the wrong form while doing any type of exercise routine, it can not only lead to fewer positive results, but it can also cause harm. You don’t want that to happen, so find an experienced physical trainer, pay him or her for an hour, and go through your exercises. Record the workout session so you can see what you’re doing and take note of what he or she is saying. You can play this back later on, which is a great idea.
It’s also a good idea to video record yourself doing some of these exercises on your own then review it every so often to make sure you’re staying on track.
Strategy 3: Skip The Cardio.
There’s a lot of talk about the importance of ‘cardio’ workouts. Yes, they can certainly be important, but if you’re walking, jogging, or even bicycling daily to get your heart rate up and stay in shape, it’s consuming a lot of the energy your thigh muscles could be used instead.
If you work out properly, maintain more intensity, and focus on faster and more reps and weight, your heart’s going to be getting plenty of exercise as it is. If you still prefer to get out and about to do some cardio exercise because it helps you de-stress and feel connected with nature, go hiking.
The more you push your legs climbing up or down hills, the more it’s going to benefit you in the long run, and the sooner you’ll begin noticing thicker thighs.
- Top 5 Best Weight Benches | An Essential Piece Of Fitness Equipment
- Okinawa Flat Belly Tonic Review
How To Get Thicker Thighs And Hips Fast
Even though many people are searching for ways to get thicker thighs in one week, several factors must be taken into consideration. The first consideration is one’s physical appearance (4). Endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph are the three varieties. Your body type will have an impact on the rate at which your muscles respond to any training you do to achieve your goals.
It’s also important to keep in mind that the muscle will respond more quickly if you’ve previously worked it out. However, if you want to achieve your body goals, you must be consistent, determined, and committed.
When you begin to feel that a particular workout routine is becoming too easy for you, it’s time to step things up a notch. Take it easy and don’t push yourself to the limit.
- What Does Intra Workout Mean? All You Need To Know
- Why Are Fat People Strong? Answers To Hidden Strength In Thicker People
Thicker Thighs Workout To Build Up Your Upper Leg Muscles
bigger thighs deadlifts
Understanding the muscles that makeup thighs and buttocks will help you achieve the best results. Known as the gluteus maximus, this is the largest muscle in the human body. Smaller gluteal muscles, the gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus are found in the buttocks (2). Your regular workouts are the best way to stimulate muscle growth if you want a bigger butt. (5)
To build a strong lower body, try these simple exercises:
When it comes to building muscle in your lower body, lunges are your best bet. There are a variety of lunges to choose from. To learn more about them, continue reading(1):
- Take a forward step with either your right or left foot while standing upright.
- In order to get into a kneeling position, make sure your bent knee is behind the toes of your front leg.
- Be sure to maintain a straight spine and tense abs.
- Keep your knees flexible throughout the exercise.
- Three times at intervals, perform this knee-up-and-down motion.
- A wide step forward with one foot is all you need to do.
- In order to lift the weight to your chest, hold it in both hands.
- When you get to your knees, make sure your back is straight.
- To get back to where you were, slowly retrace your steps.
- For each leg, perform this motion 8 to 10 times. The process should be repeated
- 26 Exercises That Burn Tummy Fat And Build Strength
- 15 Best Weight Loss Drinks to Help You Feel Full and Boost Your Metabolism
2. The Squat
This is a must-do exercise for those who want to sculpt, tone, or lift their bottoms. Squats have so many variations that a beginner in the fitness world might get lost in the sea of options. That’s why we compiled a list of the best squats on the market so that you can get started right away:
a. Squats in the Basic Form
This type is intended solely for newcomers (8).
- Keep your back straight and your feet hip-width apart.
- Tighten your abs as you lower yourself to the floor and pretend you’re sitting in a chair.
- Keep the back straight and the head up, and you’ll be fine. To maintain your balance, extend your arms out in front of you.
- Repeat the process of sitting down and then standing up to the starting position.
- When standing, avoid tensing the knees.
- Perform the action between 8 and 14 times.
Unlike traditional squats, which require an upward and downward movement of the body, this variation does not call for this. As the name suggests, all you need is a wall (8).
- Standing with your back to a wall, find a place to sit.
- Keep your distance from the wall so that you can lean against it comfortably.
- Make it look like you’re sitting in an invisible chair by extending your legs out in front of you.
- Increase the difficulty by using weights that are appropriate for each hand.
- 7 Best Small Treadmill: Top Picks and Reviews
- 10 Best Upright Exercise Bikes – Top Picks and Reviews
3. Hip Extensions
In this workout, the gluteus maximus and hamstring muscles are primarily targeted. The following are some of the most important hip extension exercises you can do:
a. Donkey Kicks
This exercise primarily targets the buttocks, but it also stimulates the growth of the hamstrings (9).
- While kneeling, place your hands on the floor to begin stretching your back horizontally.
- Maintain a straight posture with both hands flat on the floor.
- Knees should be at a right angle to the thighs and the lower legs at all times.
- As you raise your left leg, keep your knees in the correct angle.
- Don’t bend your knee past your mid-back.
- It’s best to hold this position for a few breaths before bringing your knee slowly all the way to the floor.
- After about 12 repetitions of this process on the left leg, switch to the right leg and repeat the process.
b. Glute Bridge
When you raise your butt off the ground, you’re also extending and flexing your hips, which is good for your stamina and flexibility. The hip extensors’ range of motion is also improved as a result of this exercise. In other words, what’s the step-by-step plan(3)?
- Lie on your back with your knees bent.
- Gently widen the feet and bring them in close to the buttocks.
- Squeezing your butt and sinking your heels into the ground will help you raise your hips.
- Keep the hips in this position when they are the furthest from the ground.
- Slowly lower the hips to the floor.
- If your body allows, keep repeating this motion of the hip.
- 10 Best Sports Bras – The Support You Need During Workouts
- 10 Best Water Bottles – the Best Running Companion You Can Have
How To Get Thicker Thighs Without Exercise
growing bigger thighs
Thicker thighs without exercising may be important for people who are too busy or don’t want to sweat buckets, be out of breath, experience muscle cramps, or, to put it another way – exercising, to have thicker thighs. The genes we inherit from our parents play a significant role in shaping our bodies, among other things. This is why the ability to grow large thighs without any effort is a curse for some people, instead of a blessing. Most people with so-called inherited large thighs also struggle with weight gain and embarrassing chub rub, which is one of the main reasons for this phenomenon.
Some studies have looked into ways to increase the size of your thighs without working out. Some massage oils sold in stores claim to strengthen the thighs’ muscles when used regularly. Besides being free of side effects and able to create new cells that store lipids very quickly, they are also widely regarded as safe. There is also an issue of the claims’ veracity, which needs to be taken into consideration.
Additionally, you must ensure that you are consuming enough calories to support muscle growth. That does not negate the fact that our body shape is influenced by our genes. Since your body shape can change after thinking about this, it’s a good idea, to be honest about it (6). Give yourself at least three hours between meals to avoid overeating, gaining weight in places you don’t want, or feeling nauseous and bloated afterward.
- Best Weight Loss Supplements: Top Fat Burner Diet Pills
- 5 Ways to Tone a Flabby body: No.5 will leave you amazed!
How To Get Thicker Thighs While Exercising And Eating Healthy
You need to understand the link between exercise and healthy eating. The reason for this is that exercising requires more strength, which necessitates consuming more food to replenish your energy reserves (6). Focus on a diet plan that encourages more physical activity and muscle growth.
However, how many calories are required to maintain healthy body weight? Having this question on your mind means that you need a nutritionist, doctor, or trainer to help you plan every aspect of your fitness journey so that you don’t end up damaging your health. Only after considering your current weight, level of activity, nutritional requirements, and overall health can a specialist recommend the best course of action for you.
To get thicker thighs by eating, all you have to do is increase your calorie intake. Because junk food and other unhealthy meals will only lead to weight gain in the wrong places, as well as a decrease in your overall health, it’s not just a matter of eating what’s available. Protein-rich foods like yogurt, soybeans, eggs, tuna, chicken, salmon, and peanuts should be your primary focus. Strengthen your muscles by eating these foods! (7).
- Can You Use Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
- Keto 101: How to start a keto diet – Are you ready to go keto?
How To Get Thicker Thighs And A Bigger Booty
bigger thicker thighs
To begin, keep in mind that there is no quick fix to bulking up without first putting your muscles through their paces. These parts of our bodies play important roles in our daily lives, so we must learn how to get thicker thighs and calves so that we can do more in our daily routines. Here are a few simple exercises to help you quickly bulk up your thighs and buttocks (6):
Hip Thrusts with Just One Leg
- Place your left foot on the seat of a chair or a weight bench and lie on your back.
- Bend your right leg so that it points toward the ceiling.
- As you push through your left foot, raise your hips off the ground as far as you can.
- Once you’ve gotten to your feet, relax and slowly lower your hips to the floor.
- Ten to twenty times on each side, repeat the process.
Strengthen your legs with a Sumo Squat.
You can use this exercise to target muscles in your lower body, such as your buttocks and thighs.
- Form a V with your feet by standing up straight and spreading them slightly apart.
- It is imperative that you maintain a straight spine and shoulders at all times.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Maintain this position for a few seconds before returning to your starting position.
- Then go back and forth ten to twenty more times.
- To make it more difficult, you can use a dumbbell held in each hand.
Side Step-Ups With Sidekicks
The lower leg muscles can be strengthened with this exercise. Take these steps to accomplish this:
Make sure you’re standing in front of an immobile bench or chair.
Your right foot should be placed on the raised surface.
Your left leg should be lifted to or above the height of your right leg as high as possible.
After a few repetitions on one leg, return to the starting position.
Each leg should be worked on 10 to 20 times in this manner.
- Place your palms on the floor and bend your knees so that your back is elongated horizontally.
- Lift your right knee off the ground and open your hips to the side in order to stretch the thigh out.
- Get back to where you were before.
- Approximately 10 to 20 times with the right leg.
- Using your other leg, repeat the exercise on the right side.
You can increase the resistance by putting a weight on the back of your knee while lifting your legs.
In light of the information presented above on how to get thicker thighs, it is important to remember that your willpower and dedication are key components in realizing your goals. This is a long-term endeavor that will only yield positive results if you remain dedicated to it.
growing bigger thighs
- How To Lose Weight Without Cardio? (Expert Advice)
- 13 Keto Lunch Ideas That You Can Make at Home
Why are my legs so skinny?
If you have thin legs, it may be because you aren’t building muscle mass in those areas through strength training or caloric intake. Running, for example, is a great way to get skinny legs if you do a lot of it.
How long does it take for thighs to get thicker?
Two to four weeks after starting a leg exercise program, you should start seeing results. Muscle definition and increased endurance are two of the benefits. In general, it takes three to four months to notice and tell improvements in leg strength and stamina, but this can vary depending on where you started in your fitness journey.
Do squats make thigh bigger?
Lunges and squats, two common strength-training exercises, help keep your thighs from shrinking as you age.
What is food for getting thicker thighs?
You can try some of these foods:
- lean proteins, such as chicken and fish.
- red meat with no growth hormones, such as grass-fed beef.
- full-fat dairy, such as whole milk and full-fat Greek yogurt.
- fat-rich fruits, such as avocados.
- nuts, such as almonds.
- whole-grain breads.
What are lower body exercises to tone legs?
Leg-toning exercises in 10 minutes:
- Single-leg deadlifts
- Stability ball knee tucks
- Box jumps
- Speedskater jumps
- Resistance band leg presses
How to Overcome the Obstacles to Muscle Gain?
Genetically, some people’s bodies are more resistant to muscle-building methods. Adding healthy calories can aid muscle growth, and this should be taken into account when making dietary changes.
Post-workout protein snacks are a great way to boost your workout at the gym. Whey-protein shakes and chicken or turkey sandwiches can both provide the extra nutrition your muscles require to develop.
To maintain a healthy body and build lean muscle mass, you must get enough sleep and drink plenty of water. In your teenage years, your body needs 8 to 10 hours of sleep per night to function optimally.
The amount of sleep you require decreases as you get older, from 8 hours at night to 6-8 hours at most as an adult.
Does nutrition help build thigh muscle?
Yes, thigh muscle can be built through nutrition. Your muscles will grow if you consume enough protein and carbohydrates in your diet. Thigh muscles can be strengthened and toned through regular exercise.
Does workout shape your bum?
But not in the way you might expect. Muscle, fat, and bone make up your butt. To achieve the flat butt you see in fitness magazines, you must focus on all three of these areas. Unless you focus on all three, you won’t see any progress. Squats are the best exercise for your butt. Squatting aids in the reduction of fat as well as the development of lean muscle. It is recommended that you perform at least 25 squats per day to strengthen your buttocks.
That’s how you start the process to get thicker thighs. Don’t expect overnight success or results within a week or two. You’re talking about the single strongest muscle mass in your entire body; it’s going to take time. However, you need to start somewhere, so no matter how out of shape you may be, how many extra pounds you’re packing on, or how strong other parts of your body are, you can get thicker thighs with some concerted effort, and following these steps and strategies.
This article is meant to provide general information only and does not take into account the specific circumstances of any one person. It’s not a replacement for professional guidance and shouldn’t be used to guide any kind of decision. Please bear in mind that you are solely responsible for any actions you take after reading this article!
- Get Your Best Butt by Working Your Glutes, Hips, and Thighs (2020, verywellfit.com)
- Why the Donkey Kick Move Kicks Butt (Literally) (2019, livestrong.com)
- How To Do A Glute Bridge To Seriously Sculpt Your Butt (2019, womenshealthmag.com)
- How to Make Your Body Curvier & Thicker (2018, livehealthy.chron.com)
- How to Get a Bigger Bum: 15 Bum Workouts + 20 Essential Butt Exercises (2020, womenshealthmag.com)
- How to Get Big Thighs Fast (2020, livestrong.com)
- How to Get Bigger Hips & Thighs Naturally (2017, livestrong.com)
- Squat Variations for the Buns, Hips, and Thighs (2020, verywellfit.com)
- 12 great lunges for the hips, glutes and thighs (2020, verywellfit.com)