Pepper Jack is a derivative of Monterey Jack, the Original “American” cheese invented by Mexican Franciscan friars of Monterey, California. As the name suggests, the cheese is flavored with sweet peppers, rosemary, habanero chilies and garlic, and spicy jalapenos for an extra kick. It is a semi-soft, open-textured cheese and is spicy to taste and leaves a delicate and buttery taste in the mouth at the same time.
Nutrients Composition Of Pepper Jack Cheese
In a serving of 1 size weighing 132 grams, we have the nutritional information as:
- Net Carbs 1.3 grams
- Sugar 0.5 grams
- Protein 24.9 grams
- Fat 33.1 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat 9.4 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9 grams
- Saturated Fat 21.1 grams
- Cholesterol 105 milligrams
Supplements Present In Pepper Jack Cheese
- Calcium 721 mg
- Iron 0.7 mg
- Magnesium 28 mg
- Phosphorous 512 mg
- Potassium 98 mg
- Sodium 621 mg
- Zinc 3.1 mg
- Selenium 13.9 mcg
- Folate 18 mcg
- Vitamin A 265 mcg
- Vit B2 (Riboflavin) 0.4 mg
- Vit B3 (Niacin) 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B6 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B12 0.8 mcg
- Vitamin D 0.6 mcg
- Vitamin K 2.8 mcg
- Vitamin E 0.3 mg
- Choline 17 mg
What Makes Pepper Jack Cheese Keto Friendly?
Pepper jack cheese has been certified to be keto-friendly because it is low in net carbs and high in fats at the same time. Pepper Jack Cheese is low in carb because it contains 0.71 gram of net carbs per 100-gram serving, and this makes it a perfect choice while on keto. It is important to limit your net carb consumption to 20 gram – 30 gram per day to stay on ketosis.
Pepper Jack Cheese is also a good source of fat because it does not contain any non-keto ingredients. However, most of the fat it would take to stay on keto should still come from natural and minimally processed sources like virgin olive oil, MCT oil, and grass-fed butter. It is very much important to get your fats from healthy sources so your body can burn clean fuel while on ketosis.
Pepper Jack Cheese is also minimally processed and free of non-keto sweeteners, highly refined oils, and food additives. It is quite important to check both macros and ingredients of your food to achieve a healthy weight loss on keto.
Recipes For Pepper Jack Cheese
You will definitely get the best of your recipes when you add your pepper jack Cheese to the following:
- Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Grilled Pizza
- Red Rock Ham Salad Canapes
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Pimiento Cheese Ball with Salted Pecans
- Zucchini and Potato Rosemary Pizza
- Spooky Parmesan Chicken Fingers
Pepper Jack Keto Cheese Crackers
If you want a keto-friendly cracker substitute, you do not have a cause for worry as these Pepper Jack Keto Cheese Crackers are the perfect thing for dipping, snacking, or dunking in a bowl of soup.
Light and crisp, these keto crackers are perfect to serve on the appetizer table for any of your upcoming social gatherings. These slice and bake crackers are quick and easy to prepare and make ahead. You can keep them in the fridge or freezer till you’re ready to bake them off!
One of them somehow relevant things people miss when on a keto or low carb diet are crackers or something crunchy.
How To Make A Pepper Jack Keto Cheese Crackers
The Keto Cheese Crackers are so addictive and delicious. Perfect to serve up in an appetizer spread for the holidays or to have on hand for snacking or packing in lunches.
- 5 tablespoon butter salted and softened
- 1-ounce cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
The keto cheese crackers are so easy to prepare and all you need to do after getting your ingredients ready are:
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together and mix in the pepper jack cheese, add almond flour, coconut flour, and some seasonings inside the bowl with onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. These are so yummy paired with the pepper jack.
- To add a little crunchy and rich but nutty flavor, you can add in some chopped pecans. This combination is very similar to a cheese straw! Crisp, light, almost like a cheesy shortbread.
- If you want a spicier cracker, you can use a habanero jack, a spicier pepper jack, or even add some cayenne.
- The dough goes into some plastic wrap and gets formed into a log, just like a refrigerator or slice and bake cookies, and into the fridge, it goes. At this point, the cracker dough can sit in the fridge until baking or could even be frozen.
- When ready to bake, the cracker dough gets sliced into rounds about ¼ inch thick and baked off! These babies bake at 300 or until golden…if you take them out too early they will not be crisp all the way through so be patient!
- Let the crackers cool completely on the sheet pan before removing them!
- Mix butter and cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the shredded cheese and mix until well combined. Add the other six ingredients and continue to mix. Stir everything together in the chopped pecans
- Place the dough into plastic wrap and form into a roll about 2 1/2 inches thick. Wrap up tightly and chill or freeze until it is firm.
- Slice chilled dough into 1/4 thick slices and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. bake at 300 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool crackers completely on pans before removing.
A serving of 3 large Pepper Jack Cheese crackers contains:
- Calories 183 kcal
- Carbohydrate 4 g
- Protein 6 g
- Fat 17 g
- Sodium 161 mg
- potassium 22 mg
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugar 1 g
- Calcium 105 mg
- Iron 1 mg
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used.
Is Pepper Jack Cheese Keto? – This is a cheese that contains amazing flavors and can be used in numerous recipes. It is completely ketogenic and adding its cracker to your menu list as an appetizer for any social gathering (be it brunch, lunch/luncheon, or dinner) will definitely earn you a point or two with every cheese lover present.