Is Whipped Cream Keto Friendly? – Things you should know
Is Whipped Cream Keto Friendly?
To determine if a meal item is a keto, it must surely be low in carbs and high in protein and fat as the keto diet is a fat burner for energy. The higher the fat content of an item, the more assured you can be that it is a keto-friendly food item. The high-fat content in whipped cream has made it a keto-friendly food item. This means that you can make whipped cream a permanent feature in your ketogenic diet meal plan.
You do not have to feel constrained because you are on a low carbohydrates diet as keto provides a lot of sumptuous meals that would delight your taste buds while helping you to lose weight and stay healthier, one of these amazing food choices is whipped Cream of any variety.
On the keto diet, your body system works in a ketosis state where fat is burning as a primary source of fuel. Fats are converted to ketones, which are a form of useful energy vital for maintaining healthy living. One significant advantage of consuming keto and low-carb diets like whipped cream is that over time, your body gets used to burning fat without glucose. Your body system will work like a fat-burning machine.
- 28 Day Keto Challenge Review
- Best Beginner Keto Shopping List: Free Printable Grocery List
Is Whipped Cream Keto Friendly?
Types Of Whipped Cream
There are basically two types of whipped cream, and they are
- Light whipped cream and
- Heavy whipped cream
Difference Between Light Whipped And Heavy Whipped Cream
While the light whipped cream is pretty similar to the heavy whipped cream, there are some differences between them. Some of these differences are:
- Heavy whipped cream contains at least 40% milkfat, unlike its light counterpart that contains a maximum milk fat of 36%. Although this still makes them keto-friendly, it just makes the heavy whipped cream more keto friendlier
- Heavy whipped cream is high in fat and provides richer nutrients. Lightly whipped cream, on the other hand, is lower in fat.
- Heavy whipped cream due to its high-fat content produces a thicker whipped cream compared to the light whipped cream. The light whipped cream provides thinner whipped cream.
Heavy Whipped Cream
Heavy whipped cream contains energizing fats that are believed to help in weight loss on ketogenic diets. The high proportion of fat in keto heavy whipped cream means that you can heat it under high temperature without the fear of your coagulating it and that you can also whip it quickly, which is how you make whipped cream toppings.
Since it is low-carb and high-fat, heavy cream is perfect and ideal for keto dieters. You can also use it to prepare all keto dishes, keto desserts, and keto-friendly baked meals of your choice.
Nutritional Facts of Keto Heavy Cream
While heavy whipped cream is mostly fat, it is also rich in essential minerals, fat-soluble vitamins, and choline. It contains the following nutrient per one cup and a half:
- Calories: 400
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Choline: 4 percent of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin K: 3 percent of the RDI
- Fat: 43 grams
- Phosphorus: 7 percent of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 7 percent of the RDI
- Calcium: 7 percent of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 35 percent of the RDI
- Vitamin D: 10 percent of the RDI
Health Benefits Of A Heavy Whipped Cream
People have always theorized without profound scientific backing that due to heavy whipped cream containing mainly saturated fat, contributes to heart disease complications.
However, a recent review carried out by a team of professional nutritionists reveals that there is no connection whatsoever between heart disease and the consumption of heavy whipped cream or its products. The review further clarified that dairy products like heavy whipped cream even carry out a positive effect on cardiovascular health.
Since it has been proving that Keto heavy whipped cream also contains fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamins A, D, E, & K, and choline, which all play essential roles in maintaining healthy living, Keto heavy whipped cream, therefore, plays an important role in keeping you healthy.
Vitamin A is vital for immune function and eye health, while choline is essential for metabolism and brain development. Other nutrients found in keto heavy whipped cream also play one or two vital roles in your health development.
What Can You Use Heavy Cream On Keto For
Below are some ways of using heavy cream on keto diets:
Use Heavy Cream for Boosting Your Coffee: Coffee is regarded as a keto-friendly item because it contains no carbs and has a natural metabolism boosting agent. Regular consumption of caffeinated products like coffee will enable your body to naturally burn more calories even without engaging in any physical activity.
It is, therefore, logical to deduct that taking your coffee drink with heavy cream will see to it that your body gets more energy while it will still be in its fat-burning state of ketosis (fat-burning state).
Use Heavy Cream for Preparing Keto Desserts: preparing low-carb, deliciously baked, and high-fat desserts from the scratch are one of the most exciting ways of using heavy cream on keto diets. You can decide to whip or bake using keto-friendly heavy whipped cream. Different keto desserts use heavy cream in their recipes (an example is the low-carb keto cheesecake with chocolate ganache).
Use Heavy Whipped Cream to Boost Your Chocolate Drink: while not all chocolates are keto-friendly, dark chocolate remains the main ingredient for some keto-friendly recipes. If you get into the mood of indulging yourself in chocolate drink, you can employ the use of heavy whipped Cream to boost the taste of your chocolate.
Light whipped Cream: you can also employ the culinary use of heavy whipped cream into making your light whipped cream.
Light Whipped Cream
Considering that keto light whipped cream is made from heavy whipped cream, it also shares all the health benefits, nutrients, and uses as the keto heavy whipped cream.
Making a keto light whipped cream from start is quite simple and fun-filled, while it is naturally called for just 3 ingredients:
- Heavy whipped cream (you can swap the heavy whipped cream with full-fat coconut cream if you so desire)
- A keto-friendly sweetener (which is not necessary if you do not want your whipped cream sweet) and
- The flavor of your choice.
If you desire it be flavor-filled (note that this will add to its total carbs reading), you can also add one or two of the following:
- Two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice extract instead of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of mint extract instead of the vanilla extract
How To Make Keto Whipped Cream
- Add your cold heavy whipped cream, artificial sweetener, and vanilla to your mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium-high speed until it thickens. Approximately ten minutes.
- Keep an eye on your whipped cream near the end. Don’t overbeat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you don’t have a standing mixer with a whisk attachment you can make this low carb whipped cream with a hand mixer or try a whisk if you know you are proficient.
Is Whipped Cream Keto Friendly? – To answer the question of whipped cream being keto, whether it is the heavy whipped cream or the light whipped cream, you are covered in your dedication to staying true to the ketogenic diet rules. Adding a keto whipped cream to your meal plan will entice and stimulate the taste buds of your family or friends, even if they are not on the keto journey with you.
This will add more fun, sweetness, and spark to your ketogenic diet lifestyle while ensuring you stay within the boundary of your body’s state of ketosis for as long as you so desire.